Structures: I/we/you/they+ V(1) + Ob, He/she/it+ V(1)es + Ob
1. We use present simple to talk about thing in general. Some is true in general.
- The earth goes around the sun.
- I usually go away at weekends.
- I like big cities.
- Toba College starts at 8:50 and finishes at 4 o’clock.
2 . We use the present simple when we say how often we do thing.
- I get up at 8 o’clock every morning.
- I always watch TV
- How often do you go to the dentist?
3. We use do/does to make questions and negative sentences
do +I/we/you/they work? I/we/you/they + don’t come.
does+ he/she/it work? he/she/it + doesn’t come.
- I come from Laos. where do you come from?
- Where does Khailee work?
- Latee doesn’t go to school on weekends.
- Rice doesn’t grow in cold climates.
4. We use with schedule Events in the near future. This is most commonly done when talking about public transportation, but it can be used with other scheduled events as well.
- The train leaves tonight at 9 pm.
- The party starts at 7 pm.
- When do we board the plane?